St. David Parish was established in 1951 as part of the San Francisco Archdiocese. St. David School opened in 1963 with four grades in the street level area of the building. A new grade was added every year until there were eight grades and during this time the lower level of the school building was completed, adding more classrooms and a parish hall. The school was staffed initially by the Sisters of Notre Dame who left in 1984. St. David School now has a lay principal, staff and faculty. In 1982 a kindergarten was opened and an extended care program was begun in 1985. The pre-kindergaren was added in 1987. The school is very proud to have been the recipient of a National Award for Excellence in Education in 1985. In 1992 a science lab and computer lab were added to the main school building.
St. David School is accredited through Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA)